Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Royal Ascot - Wednesday


It's always good to get a winner on the first day of a meeting like this. Tomorrow the Prince of Wales's Stakes (3.45) only has seven runners but is particularly competitive. Going through the form in Raceform's Essential Guide to Royal Ascot, I've narrowed it down to Dylan Thomas and Manduro. I'm siding with Manduro as he may just be the bigger price of the two.

Of the horses with a handicap rating in the Windsor Forest Stakes at 3.05, John Gosden's Nannina comes out on top and is the selection. She will need to reverse Epsom form with Sir Michael Stoute's Echelon; I take her to do so provided the ground stays on the fast side and the showers stay away.

Finally congratulations to all connected with Full House who won the Ascot Stakes today at 20/1. Full House has done this blog a favour in the past - I can't quite believe I've missed his last two runs where he's won on both occasions at 20/1. That's racing; I'll be content to enjoy a quiet pint of Guinness at The Exmouth Arms next time I'm in London.

1 comment:

GeeDee said...

Two selections and two impressive winners; that doesn't happen every day of the week, never mind at Royal Ascot. Manduro (15/8 favourite) beat Dylan Thomas (2/1) while Nannina (3/1cf) won by three lengths from Satwa Queen (3/1cf).