Friday, September 05, 2008

Down came the rain...

Walking around Coventry city centre earlier today, I felt like an extra on the set of Bladerunner. I kid you not, the RNLI were collecting. Enlightened self-interest prompted me to make a small donation; there's a fair chance I could need their services in the next few hours.

Saturday's card at Thirsk has already been called off. Both Haydock and Stratford are subject to 7.00am inspections tomorrow. I had planned to take the family for a picnic at Stratford; that idea looks a bit of a washout now.

Heavy rain at Leopardstown has put their card in jeopardy. Officials are also exploring the possibility of moving the meeting to Sunday. Whatever happens, the likelihood is that Duke Of Marmalade, set to clash again with New Approach, will be withdrawn.

Paco Boy is entered in the Prix Du Moulin at Longchamp on Sunday. I'll be interested to see how he fares at a mile after his impressive win over seven furlongs in the Hungerford; Henythenavigator is the obvious form choice.

No comments: