Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Twitter Guide to the 2000 Guineas

Following the (rather limited) success of my Twitter Guide to the Grand National, I thought I’d publish the second in this occasional series, A Twitter Guide to the 2000 Guineas. Here are comments on each of the seventeen runners, all within Twitter's imposed restriction of 140 characters.

Ashram Sixth in Dewhurst last year, beaten under two lengths; first run for Godolphin
Cityscape Second in Greenham; winner, Vocalised, not considered up to this
Delegator Current favourite well talked-up after winning sub-standard Craven in impressive fashion
Evasive Respected trainer took his charge to Ascot this week in an attempt to wake him up
Finjaan Looks more a sprinter than a miler
Gan Amhras Well regarded by connections; interesting outsider with each-way shout
Imperial Guest Well beaten in Craven; hard to fancy - 200/1 chance
Lord Shanakill Missed Greenham with temperature. Each-way chance if stays
Mastercraftsman Ballydoyle second string on jockey bookings, but only just. Stable form a concern
Monitor Closely Plenty to find on official ratings
Ocean’s Minstrel Ditto above; 250/1 shot
On Our Way Flopped badly in Feilden but trainer respected
Ouqba Free Handicap winner; connections forked out £30k late entry fee
Pure Poetry Third in Craven; unlikely
Rip Van Winkle Problem with bruised foot earlier in week. Murtagh’s choice; stable form worries
Sea The Stars Potentially very good but setback in March may have scuppered his chance here
Zafisio More likely to run in German Guineas

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, now I understand

TLD

Sandracer said...

It's not dawning on me this Twitter thingy.

Ok, yeah, it's worth $250 and i'm worth a fiver, I know.

GeeDee said...

Sandracer - although it's incredibly popular, I think the jury's still out on Twitter - in places it still looks like a bit of a hack. For me, the best feature is being able to update the blog quickly without having to do a 'full' post; that's a boon.
I could be wrong but I don't think they're making shedloads with Twitter; that could change as apparently Google has shown interest in a buyout. Prepared to be corrected on any of that :-)

Sandracer said...

A £250,000,000 correction by the way.

& I still don't get it. Nor the Supertweet things popping up either.

GeeDee said...

Just hedging my bets, I suppose... ;-)

GeeDee said...

Update - Apple value Twitter at around $700m according to this article in Daily Telegraph (8th May) http://tinyurl.com/d28foh