Saturday, May 02, 2009

Tomorrow's 1000 Guineas...

Only a quick note for the fillies in the 1000 Guineas as I don't intend to have a bet. On form Rainbow View is the one and the bookies have priced the race accordingly. If you held a gun to my head and told me I had to come up with an alternative, I'd suggest Rae Guest's Serious Attitude (currently second favourite at 13/2) or perhaps Jim Bolger's Cuis Gilhare (10/1) - today's 2000 third came from the same stable. Having said all that, this looks a race to watch.

This evening today's 2000 Guineas winner Sea The Stars has deposed Crowded House at the head of the Derby market. Skybet offer 9/2 while Ladbrokes go just 5/2. Others who ran in the Guineas with a Derby quote include Gan Amhras (third) 8/1 and Rip Van Winkle (fourth) 10/1. Hill's are the only layer to quote Godolphin's disappointing Ashram (thirteenth) at 25/1.

No comments: